181951 Fort Bragg, CA 12 hour Day Shift. Able to be placed on call or cancelled 3 times within 13 week contract
*Wages are based on average rates and may be impacted by facility budgets and seasonality and may include a combination of taxable and non-taxable earnings and reimbursements.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES:
- Implements the nursing process with patients including carrying our physicians orders regarding diet, medication and treatment in accordance with hospital standards of care
- Performs assessments; monitors and ensures quality care through observation and evaluation; documents nursing interventions on care plans and medical records, and reports findings to physicians as needed
- Instructs patients, staff and family members regarding treatments, nursing plans and related patient care
- Distributes and maintains records of controlled drugs and insures their security
- Responds to emergencies; maintains availability of medications and supplies; ensures cleanliness of equipment and environment
- May participate as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team in the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of patient care
- May participate in the development and review of policies and procedures
- Assists in resolving charge discrepancies as directed
ED experience a plus to help with ED when unit is closed.