176382 Fort Bragg, CA 8 hour shifts, starting at 0600 or 0900 with on call 2x/week from 0330-0530
*Wages are based on average rates and may be impacted by facility budgets and seasonality and may include a combination of taxable and non-taxable earnings and reimbursements.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES:
- Performs laboratory tests necessary for diagnosis and treatment of patients at the request of an authorized healthcare provider and in accordance with department procedures
- Evaluates, records, reports, and documents patient and quality control test results in accordance with department policies and procedures; takes appropriate corrective action when indicated
- Operates specific laboratory equipment and performs routine preventative maintenance and instrument troubleshooting
- Functions as the sole laboratory employee on certain assigned shifts
- Collects blood samples by arterial puncture, venipuncture, and skin puncture
- Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license
- Minimum one year recent clinical laboratory experience
- Working knowledge of the use and applications of computers
MicroBiology experience is a plus.