*Wages are based on average rates and may be impacted by facility budgets and seasonality and may include a combination of taxable and non-taxable earnings and reimbursements.
We are primarily looking for night coverage, however, tech must be flexible as he/she may cover other shifts. Tech must be able to work alone and be self-motivated. We are looking for a Laboratory Generalist who can rotate through all departments (including Blood Banking and Pre-Analytical Microbiology). Training will primarily be done on day shift (0800-1700). Upon training completion, employee will move to the anticipated shift and also participate in the on-call rotation (one of four shifts several weekends per month). The LIS is SOFT (SoftLab, SoftMic) and the EHR is Cerner.
List of Instruments:
- Cobas 6000 and 311
- Sysmex 550 and 4000i
Experience on the Cobas is ideal.
Provided by the facility. No pets and no smoking. We apologize, but candidates who travel with children will not be considered. We will not cover travel costs of a guest. If travelling with spouse or guest, this information MUST be disclosed at the time of the submission. Internet is not typically provided with housing. For internet set up and access, please call GCI at 907-443-2550. GCI also has temporary cellular plans if your carrier is not supported in this area.
Rental cars are not provided but are available. Taxi cabs are also not provided but are available. Must be able to walk to work if driving conditions are not favorable; most temporary housing is nearby hospital (<0.5 mile).
Tech should be able to provide expert level clinical laboratory technology testing services in all areas involved in pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic testing while following the policies and procedures of the laboratory and complying with all regulatory requirements.
Tech must also:
- Uphold the organizations vision, mission, and corporate values
- Demonstrate understanding of, and compliance with, organizations policies, procedures, code of conduct and work rules
- Perform and validate chemical, microscopic, morphologic, immunologic, and bacteriologic tests of body fluids and substances to provide data for diagnosis and treatment of disease
- Verify test procedures for accuracy of each test and test system as it pertains to the specialty assigned
- Report results, maintain records, and assist with distributing test reports
- Follow protocols for the established QC program within parameters for acceptable levels of performance and verify lot numbers and expiration dates on reagents and controls
- Assist in resolving technical problems, monitor test analysis and specimen examination through evaluation of proficiency testing and ensure that remedial action is taken and communicated to all testing personnel when necessary
- Participate in customer education, if necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to consistently demonstrate the organizations values: _integrity, cultural sensitivity, respect for traditional values,_ _continual learning and improving, compassion, teamwork and pride_. Employees are expected to demonstrate professionalism, accountability, cooperation with, and consideration of, others.
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have general knowledge of typical office technologies such as computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, and typical office software.
**Required Skills and Abilities:**
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have a broad range of skills and abilities centered around a strong patient focus, efficient performance, and teamwork. All employees should have customer service skills, interpersonal skills, and good communication skills. All employees should have the ability to manage their time and organize their work to ensure efficient performance. In addition, all employees should have the ability to actively communicate with their supervisors to ensure understanding and manage their work accordingly. Finally, all employees should have the ability to understand and manage patient/customer confidentiality as defined by HIPAA.
**Job Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:**
- Knowledge of laboratory operation, logistics, inventory management, and laboratory instrument operation
- Above average interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to follow detailed procedure guidelines
**Minimum Education Requirements:**
Associate Degree for MLT or Bachelor Degree for MLS/MT
Degree Program: Medical Technology. No exceptions.
Experience Amount: 2 years preferred
Credentials, Licensure, Certification: Nationally registered or licensed as a Medical Technologist, Medical Laboratory Scientist, Medical Laboratory Technician
- Use hands and arms to operate office or clinical equipment
- Sit less than half the workday
- Stand and/or walk more than half the workday
- Bend, stretch, twist, crouch and/or reach
- View electronic monitors for prolonged periods of time
- Lift or carry unaided 25 to 50 pounds
- See and hear with normal acuity
- Work is conducted in a standard office environment
- Work is conducted in a standard clinical environment to include exposure to latex, chemical, biohazards or other harmful substances
*All NSHC employees must have their COVID 19 vaccination within 2 days of job starting*